Hornswaggler | The culture, the humor, a bit of the sports, not so much the politics, and the workplace distraction

Hornswaggle is an alternate spelling of hornswoggle, an archaic word that means to bamboozle or hoodwink. I take my pronunciation from the late Harvey Korman in "Blazing Saddles" --

"I want rustlers, cutthroats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, conmen, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswagglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass kickers, shit kickers and Methodists!"

Hornswaggler
Culture, Humor, Sports
Workplace Distraction

Saturday, November 30, 2002

Oh man so much blogging to do so little time.* What an amazing victory by the Eagles. Things looked bleak, but everywhere I looked in the Philly sports media people had folded it up for the season and many just automically proclaimed the San Francisco game unwinnable (Bill Lyon of the Inquirer being perhaps the worst offender). All of this got me pissed, so pride got me into two admittedlysmall-fry bets, one of which requires a friend to call me every day til this Monday and inform me that my football knowledge is superior to his. Speaking of which, he's reneging.

* It's funny. I really do have a longish list of things idly to muse about in this space and yet of all these things I could write about I make sure to get to the Blow Job Press Conference idea that just kind of came off the top of my head out of nowhere. My parents must be beaming with pride. And it's not even well thought out. Is it just some guy? Is it George Bush? I'd say it started out as one and turned to the other. Changing gears half-way through: The number one sign of a winning comedy sketch.

.: posted by hornswaggler 3:58 PM


|
Salon Articles
The Right Take on Libby?
Hurricane Horror Stories
"Looting" or "Finding"?
Run, Andy, Run!
Newsweek's Grand Inquisitor
Robert Blake
American Idol
Year in Television 2002
X-Files


Links
Andrew Sullivan
Atrios
Bigmouth's "Lost" blog
Chris Keating
Digby
Hendrik Hertzberg
Matt Yglesias
Paul Krugman
Peter Kinney
Talking Points Memo
Two Glasses


Contact




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com