Hornswaggler | The culture, the humor, a bit of the sports, not so much the politics, and the workplace distraction

Hornswaggle is an alternate spelling of hornswoggle, an archaic word that means to bamboozle or hoodwink. I take my pronunciation from the late Harvey Korman in "Blazing Saddles" --

"I want rustlers, cutthroats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, conmen, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswagglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass kickers, shit kickers and Methodists!"

Hornswaggler
Culture, Humor, Sports
Workplace Distraction

Friday, August 23, 2002

This guy's web site is funny. Way funnier than mine. It's just not even close. So if you'll excuse me I'm just going to nip off and shoot myself. Nah. Too much effort. But, seriously, this is quintessential East Coast sarcasm. I don't have to ask and I know this guy must be from the Tri-State area. It's a thing of beauty, this unadorned, bitter, ranting sarcasm. I laughed out loud on multiple occasions reading this shit and I will laugh some more as I finish surfing the links and then I will beg for more.

Saw the Ghosts again last night at the Parkside. My God they rock! They rock so hard. I pushed the lead singer (I really ought to figure out his name, it's on their site) down to the floor with the sole of my sneaker as he floundered on the ground because I knew that's what he wanted me to do. I knew he would enjoy it. I think he needs a cordless mic. Or maybe the fact that the cord is in danger of getting tangled as he works the crowd is what makes it so great. Yes I am borderline OCD. Danger signals went off in my brain. Oh No! The cord is perilously close to getting caught! And then I did, in fact, straighten out the cord for him. Right before I pushed him to the ground, I believe. Because I am Helpy Helperton! Good crowd last night. A thorough success for my new favoritest band. Hurrah for the Ghosts!

.: posted by hornswaggler 1:49 PM


|
Salon Articles
The Right Take on Libby?
Hurricane Horror Stories
"Looting" or "Finding"?
Run, Andy, Run!
Newsweek's Grand Inquisitor
Robert Blake
American Idol
Year in Television 2002
X-Files


Links
Andrew Sullivan
Atrios
Bigmouth's "Lost" blog
Chris Keating
Digby
Hendrik Hertzberg
Matt Yglesias
Paul Krugman
Peter Kinney
Talking Points Memo
Two Glasses


Contact




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com