Hornswaggler | The culture, the humor, a bit of the sports, not so much the politics, and the workplace distraction

Hornswaggle is an alternate spelling of hornswoggle, an archaic word that means to bamboozle or hoodwink. I take my pronunciation from the late Harvey Korman in "Blazing Saddles" --

"I want rustlers, cutthroats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, conmen, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswagglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass kickers, shit kickers and Methodists!"

Hornswaggler
Culture, Humor, Sports
Workplace Distraction

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The Eagles

Those of you who've been around the block with this blog have grown accustomed to my incessant Eagles ranting. So where, you ask, has all the Birds-related commentary gone? I know that there are at least -17 people out there thirsting for it.

Well, I figured out a solution this year to the Eagles Problem, which could be defined as: Pretty much no one reading this baby gives a flying F about my thoughts on my hometown football team. My solution to this problem was elegant, but it's gone unnoticed, because a) I didn't mention it and b) I wrote only about 3 posts the entire fall.

I've created a "blog" over at the Eagles official Web site, home of the informative but occasionally overly effusive, if not to say obsequious Dave Spadaro, aka Captain Pom Pom. You have to register with the site to read it. The site doesn't really host blogs per se. It's really just a message board, where the most recent posts are found at the top. But if you go to boards.philadelphiaeagles.com, you can find my entries under the title SF-Philly.

But so rest assured, anyway, that yours truly is focusing with laser-like intensity upon Saturday's tilt with the Saints, and if you're saying to yourself, "I want to know more about Eagles' backup strong safety Quenten Mikell," there's somewhere for you to go.

.: posted by hornswaggler 9:16 AM


|
Salon Articles
The Right Take on Libby?
Hurricane Horror Stories
"Looting" or "Finding"?
Run, Andy, Run!
Newsweek's Grand Inquisitor
Robert Blake
American Idol
Year in Television 2002
X-Files


Links
Andrew Sullivan
Atrios
Bigmouth's "Lost" blog
Chris Keating
Digby
Hendrik Hertzberg
Matt Yglesias
Paul Krugman
Peter Kinney
Talking Points Memo
Two Glasses


Contact




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com