Hornswaggler | The culture, the humor, a bit of the sports, not so much the politics, and the workplace distraction

Hornswaggle is an alternate spelling of hornswoggle, an archaic word that means to bamboozle or hoodwink. I take my pronunciation from the late Harvey Korman in "Blazing Saddles" --

"I want rustlers, cutthroats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, conmen, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswagglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass kickers, shit kickers and Methodists!"

Hornswaggler
Culture, Humor, Sports
Workplace Distraction

Friday, May 29, 2009

Technical difficulties

Posting has been very light thanks largely to the fact that my MacBook's hard drive crawled into a hole and died.

Which led me to have a strange experience at ye olde Apple Store. The guy who helped me advised me that Apple will be unable to fix the computer at anything approaching a reasonable cost and that my best bet is to order a new hard drive, memory and an external optical drive (mine's busted) and install them myself.

While I appreciate his candor, the problem is that he was unable or unwilling to tell me exactly how to go about getting these replacement parts, because as an Apple employee he's probably forbidden from doing so.

Here's the thing: I'm an idiot. I need to be walked through this step by step. Instead I'm getting winks and nudges that provide me with only the vaguest notion of what I need to do.

So I'm going to try to get this accomplished as quickly as possible. We'll see how it goes.

Hey, how about the "debate" over the nomination of Sonia Sotomayor, huh? Is this country doomed or what?

.: posted by hornswaggler 10:39 AM


|
Salon Articles
The Right Take on Libby?
Hurricane Horror Stories
"Looting" or "Finding"?
Run, Andy, Run!
Newsweek's Grand Inquisitor
Robert Blake
American Idol
Year in Television 2002
X-Files


Links
Andrew Sullivan
Atrios
Bigmouth's "Lost" blog
Chris Keating
Digby
Hendrik Hertzberg
Matt Yglesias
Paul Krugman
Peter Kinney
Talking Points Memo
Two Glasses


Contact




Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com